You’ve probably noticed, but gastronomic trends change very quickly. We are talking about gastronomic trends such as those that occur due to the evolution of techniques in the kitchen, the implementation of new and better processes, or the use of ingredients that are more effective and easier to obtain and use; imposing themselves as a fashion within kitchens. Among all these, the proliferation of gastronomic markets all over the world stands out.
New gastronomic trends
New social habits also impose new eating habits. These trends in gastronomy have led to the popularisation of gastronomic markets. The variety of flavours and ingredients immersed in each of these establishments makes it possible to get to know a country through its cuisine. Another way to travel, but without leaving home. And if you are on holiday, a leisure alternative to consider.
The evolution is obvious. From the most serious and formal restaurants we move on to different models that are based mainly on three variables. They are the following ones: A) More informality; B) less time; and C) more affordable prices. What better place than a market to enjoy the latest culinary trends? It’s not something new. Markets, in centuries past, have been more than places where food and drink are sold. In many of these locations, small bars or modest restaurants where tapas, portions or simple dishes made with ingredients bought on the spot were prepared around the stalls. We can say that it was impossible to find anything fresher. And the gastronomic boom of recent years gave the keys to the new formula, and did the rest.
These spaces have become an obligatory stop on tourist routes through the cities that are lucky enough to have them. From street style to the most desired delicacies. The concept of gourmet gastronomic market encompasses something more than more or less luxurious spaces where food is sold, is a proposal for fair trade where producers, intermediaries and local consumers live under the same roof and where no local can offer the same products as another promoting the exchange of products and services. This space does not seek to compete with the well-known fast food areas, but rather seeks to offer customers high quality products with an artisanal process far removed from the proposals of fast food chains.
It is important to emphasize this last one: when talking about gastronomic markets we are not talking about fast food, but about a gourmet experience with certain nuances of that street and scoundrel style that so many people are passionate about. These establishments have been very well received by local residents, who crowd the various facilities in search of a gourmet experience and a good time enjoying music and friends. Several things are common among them: an exclusive design, a very careful architecture, and an avant-garde decoration and lighting are some of the differentiating elements that characterize and make unrepeatable these new gastronomic temples.
Enjoy Gastronomic Markets
From now on, don’t forget to enjoy the gastronomic markets. They are corners of taste where you will taste tasty recipes as well as buying fresh produce. In Spain there are many and most are gourmet proposals of Spanish cuisine … although sometimes, as in Nomad Gastro Market, located in Holidayworld Maspalomas, you can find different alternatives from several different countries. In Nomad Gastro Market you will find 14 exclusive gourmets of great relevance already within the island. The gastronomic leisure space of reference in the Canary Islands that is led by some of the leading public catering businesses on the island. It is a route of smells, flavours and colours for the five senses through fourteen restaurant units and a gastronomic proposal that surpasses the 400 culinary references, which are framed in a wide space of 2,100 m², including a 1,100 m2 terrace and stage for musical performances.
In Nomad Gastro Market you can find:
- Italian cuisine -> the restaurant EL CALDERO DE MOGÁN. Delicious Italian streetfood with portions of pizza, pasta, salads and much more.
- Cocktail -> GINGER GIN & COCKTAIL cocktails. The “perfect serve” in your favorite drinks and cocktails You will be surprised!
- Sweet Cuisine -> HELAMORE ice cream parlour. Homemade ice creams that stand out for their intense flavour, aroma and texture.
- Andalusian Cuisine -> the ALLENDE restaurant. Freidura, tapas, rice: all the flavour of Andalusia with maximum freshness and excellent quality.
- Moroccan cuisine -> MARRAKECH restaurant. A wide and varied range of Moroccan cuisine that you should not miss.
- Poke- > the restaurant HAWAI POKÉ. Because fast food can also be healthy! Surprising and healthy typical Hawaiian dishes.
- Canarian Cuisine -> EL BANDERA restaurant. Identity, kindness, courtesy, sympathy… The best of the traditional gastronomy of the Canary Islands with a touch of fusion for an unforgettable evening!
- Pinchos y Tapas -> the restaurant ATIPYKO. Traditional Basque Pintxos with a touch of avant-garde. Enjoy the flavour!
- Lebanese Cuisine -> EL RINCÓN LIBANÉS restaurant. Travel to the centre of Beirut! Tabulé, falafel or shawarma in a fusion of Turkish and Arabic cuisine.
- Hamburgesas y Cervezas del mundo -> LA PAPA LOCA restaurant. Remember the cone of potatoes dressed with “papa loca” sauce? That and much more will delight young and old.
- Iberian and Cheese -> the restaurant +QJAMÓN. A laugh, a drink… and a bit of typical Spanish “picoteo”. An option that will enchant the lovers of ours.
- Japanese and Peruvian cuisine -> the NISEI restaurant. A reflection of Japanese gastronomy, in Nisei you will find tasty and exquisite combinations. And of course sushi!
- Mexican food -> TAQUERÍA MONTERREY restaurant. Mexican food and other proposals of Aztec gastronomy that stand out for their flavor and color.
- Healthy food -> HEALTHY BE GOOD restaurant. For healthy people, athletes, concerned about their nutrition, or simply for those who maintain a balanced diet.
Meeting point, not only for families and friends but also for foodies, winelovers, gourmets and curious people. A commitment to a kitchen for all audiences, under informal models, which govern the dishes to share as a formula for eating at moderate prices. If you are in Gran Canaria or you are planning a trip to the island, don’t let them tell you, and visit it!