The Canary Island is getting ready to receive the flood of people eager to show off their colourful costumes and have fun in one of the most popular festivities of the Canary Islands. Find out everything you need to know about the Carnival in the capital of Gran Canaria in this article: the programme with the most important events, the route of the parade in Las Palmas and the exact dates and location.
Dates of the Las Palmas Carnival
The Carnival of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria will be held from 10th February to 5th March 2023. On the other hand, the Gran Cabalgata (Parade) will take place on the 4th of March, starting at 5 pm.
The Las Palmas Carnival route
The Carnival parade of floats stretches for approximately seven kilometres, starting from the Castillo de La Luz to San Telmo Park.
Las Palmas Carnival Programme
Almost a whole month of festivities, dances, concerts, parades and shows. Are you ready for the programme of this years Carnival?
- Presentation of Candidates
- Announcement parade (20:00 – 21:00) (From La Isleta to the stage “Studio 54) at Parque Santa Catalina)
- Carnival Proclamation (21:00 – 23:00)
- Concert (23:00 – 01:00)
- Children’s Comparsas Competition which will premiere the “Studio 54” stage at Santa Catalina (17:00 – 20:00).
- Adult Costume Contest (21:00 – 23:00)
- Concert (23:00 – 01:00)
- Encuentro de Murgas Infantiles (musical theatre)
- Children’s Costumes (12:00 – 14:00)
- Gala of the “Grand Dame” (20:00 – 22:00)
- 1st Phase of the Murgas Contest (20:45 – 01:00)
- 2nd Stage of the Murgas Contest (20:45 – 01:00)
- 3rd Phase of the Murgas Contest (20:45 – 01:00)
- Adult Comparsas Competition (21:15 – 23:30)
- Latin Night Concert (00:00 – 02:30)
- Final Murgas Competition (20:45 – 03:00)
- Tribute Concert (21:00 – 02:00) at the Estadio Insular
- Children’s Day Carnival (11:30 – 14:00)
- Children’s Gala in Santa Catalina (18:30 – 21:00)
- Drag Queen Gala Pre-selection (21:00 – 02:00).
- Concert (21:00 – 01:00) in the park of the Estadio Insular and the Plaza de la Música.
Tuesday 21 CARNAVAL:
- BatuCarnaval (12:00 – 13:00)
- Day Carnival (12:00 to 19:00)
- Body Painting Competition (21:00 to 23:00)
- Concerts in Santa Catalina Park, the Estadio Insular and in the Plaza de la Música.
- Carnival Queen Gala (21:00 to 00:00).
- Concerts (01:00 to 03:00) at Santa Catalina
- Grand Parade of the Carnival Groups
- ChiriMurgas Night (21:00 to 23:00)
- Dogs’ Carnival in Santa Catalina Park (12:00 to 14:00)
- Day Carnival (17:00 to 19:00)
- Children’s Parade (17:00 to 21:00)
- Gala of Integration on the dance floor of Studio 54 (19:00 to 21:00).
- Drag Queen Gala (21:00 to 00:00)
- Drag Night Concert (22:00 to 03:00) at the Plaza de la Música and the Estadio Insular
- Big Parade (from Castillo de La Luz to San Telmo) (17:00 to 01:00)
- Concert (20:00 a 03:00) in Santa Catalina
- Daytime Carnival (12:00 to 19:00)
- Burial of the Sardine that’ll end the Carnival of Las Palmas 2023 (19:00 to 20:30) from Mesa y López to Las Canteras beach.
Gran Canaria, where fun and music lives on
But Las Palmas is not the only party epicentre. Don’t miss the Maspalomas Carnival 2023 from 9 to 19 March. To round off the day and the week, the Holidayworld Maspalomas amusement park offers fun for the whole family: karaoke, bars, Wooland amusement park, escape room, bowling and food from all over the world. Don’t miss it!